Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Octagonal Cobblestone Buildings

Upstate New York, where I live is full of cobblestone buildings built from around 1825 to 1860.  Wayne County, where I reside, has at least 170 of them.  This unusual building in Alloway, south of the Lyons  county seat, was originally a blacksmith shop.  One wonders what the top door is for as it fronts on a hillside.  There is also a double door in the front.

The cobblestone house right across the street has had an interesting addition.

The blacksmith shop front doors.  It is now used as a storage shed. 

Octagonal cobblestone buildings are rare.  This is a cobblestone house in Windsor, New York.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home