Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Trip to the Adirondacks

 Last week I took a trip to the Adirondacks with Marcia DeCamp.  First stop... Constableville Hall


The house was built by William Constable, Jr. in  1810-1819 and owned and occupied by the Constable family, 1819-1948 Restored, in 1948-1949 .  Opened as a Historic House Museum on July 19, 1949 •Added to National Register of Historic Places in March, 1973.  It contains many of the original furnishings. 






The front hallway.....where I found I was not supposed to take photos. 
View fron the front.

After all this culture it was time to stop at a local quilt shop for a fabric fix.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home