Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My First Quilt

I made this  small quilt around 22 years ago after I moved to Wolcott.  I had joined a small local guild as a way of meeting people and not necessarily to make quilts.  This was the result of a quilt class the group was holding in a local school. It was a Mystery Quilt.  Its made from Gutcheon Fabrics, a wonderful manufacturer at the time who was making fabrics which were more interesting that the standard calicos so popular then.  I just removed it from a bannister where I had it wrapped to prevent a cat from using it as a scratching post.  Only two small blocks had faded in all that time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home