Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Trip to India Jan-Feb.2013, Bikaner, Camel Farm

 A typical street scene in Bikaner.
 With my luck I had come to Bikaner to see the annual Camel Festival.  The events which I wanted to see were on days when I wouldn't be here.  So I elected to visit the Camel Research Center on the south of the city.
 It was feeding time which made it a good time to visit.
 Its the home to over 400 camels in three different breeds.
 Some of the camels are branded.

 I love camels feet.  The way they smoothly plop them up and down and the skin seems to slip.
 No, I didn't try anything in the snack bar.
The next day I took the train back to Jodhpur.  I was stunned to find the train station so empty in the middle of the morning.  A big surprise in a city of over half a million.  Usually any train station is teeming with people.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home