Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Valley Quilters of Newark Valley Annual Luncheon

 Every year the Valley Quilters of Newark Valley near Binghamton host a luncheon for quilters in the area.  I was honored to be asked to speak at the event.  In addition to a delicious lunch there were many quilts made by members of the group.
 I hadn't planned on selling it but Laura Teuchtler decided she had to have my latest jacket.
 So off it went to a new home.
 After lunch there was show and tell of course.
 This quilt's maker said she would never applique again.
 This quilt was made from a stamped piece the owner found at a yard sale for $5.  The thread cost $72 and it took her months to finish the quilt.
An adorable horse made from scraps.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home