Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

THE MOSAIC QUILT SHOW

 One day after a wonderful lunch we went to another gallery to a group of quilts made from tiny pieces like mosaics.
 It's hard to find exhibit space in Istanbul as it is so expensive.A
 And the exhibitors are reluctant to charge anything as visitors won't come.
 You had to look closely to see the tiny pieces.
 This piece is taken from a mosaic in Istanbul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home